If you are a promoter or performer coming to do a show at the Wingham Town Hall Theatre, here are some things that we can do to assist you.
- Ticket Sales. We have several local retail stores that are willing to sell tickets for you. Contact the retailer(s) directly if you wish to have them sell tickets for your. Each retailer that you use is to receive two complimentary tickets to the show.
- Annette’s Treasures Galore, 294 Josephine St, Wingham 519-912-1515
- Christine’s Clothes Closet, 208 Josephine St, Wingham 519-357-1051
- Stainton Home Hardware, 184 Josephine St, Wingham 519-357-2910
- The Gift Chest, 200 Josephine St, Wingham 519-357-2550
- A&R Music, 401 Durham St E, Walkerton 519-507-5550
- Posters. We have a volunteer who will put up posters for you in Wingham and the surrounding towns in a 30 to 45 minute drive radius of Wingham. You will need to pay the volunteer $125 for mileage expenses. If you wish to have our volunteer put up posters for you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you print the posters at Blyth Printing our volunteer can pick up the posters for you and distribute them from there.
We recommend you do a print run of 100 – 11″ x 17″ size posters and a print run 100 – 8-1/2″ x 11″ size posters since some locations only allow 8-1/2″ x 11″ size posters. Be sure to include on the poster the date and time of the show, the locations where tickets can be purchased, plus the URL where tickets can be purchased online. (Scroll down this page to see our recommended poster template).
- Wingham BIA LED Sign – The Wingham BIA has a large LED sign at the Tim Hortons corner at the south end of Wingham. The BIA is willing to advertise your show on their sign at no charge. Send the graphic image and text that you want on the sign to email@example.com
- Community Calendars. There are two free community calendars that you can advertise your event on:
- Blackburn Radio – Jen Riley. (519) 357-1310 x3292 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wingham Community Connectors – Facebook
- Ushers. We have volunteer ushers if you need assistance with that. Each volunteer is to receive a free pass to the show. Send an email to email@example.com asking for volunteer ushers when you book the theatre.
- Load-in and Load-out. If you need assistance with load-in or load-out of sound equipment send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week in advance of the performance. Each person assisting is to receive a free pass to the show and be paid a $20/hr with a minimum of $50 for load-in, and the same for load-out.
- Ticket and Merchandise Sales. Each promoter and/or band is responsible for doing their own ticket sales at the door and sales of CDs, T-Shirts, etc. We do not have volunteers to assist with ticket and merchandise sales.
- Sound Equipment. We don’t have sound equipment at the theatre. Here are some local contacts for sound equipment and/or a sound tech for your show:
- Liam Morley 519-440-8078
- Adam Smyth 519-525-7660
- Green Room. There is a small green room with kitchenette and His and Her washrooms that is accessible via stairs from backstage. Click this link to view photos of the green room.
If you have any questions regarding the above, please send an email to: email@example.com